What is loss of use coverage (coverage D)?



Loss of Use (Coverage D) is the portion of a standard homeowners insurance policy that protects you in the event that your home is destroyed or damaged and you must seek other living arrangements while repairs are made. Loss of use coverage reimburses you for hotel, restaurant and other living expenses you may incur as a result of your home being uninhabitable. The purpose of this coverage is to help you maintain your standard of living in the event of a disaster.


Most standard homeowners insurance policies will provide coverage up to 20% of the dwelling coverage. Meaning, if you have $100,000 worth of dwelling coverage, your loss of use coverage would be approximately $20,000. Talk to your home insurance agent for specific coverage information on your policy.


Contact us to see if you can save money on your insurance by speaking to a professional independent insurance agent at Journey Insurance.


Let us sift through the hundreds of insurance programs to find you the most competitive rates available.  Let us do the paperwork while you spend your time doing something you actually enjoy!


Journey Insurance Agency * Irvine, California * 888.323.7480


No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *