California Earthquake, April 2012



In light of this week’s earthquake in California, I have had several conversations about earthquake coverage.  Earthquakes are not an event that is covered by a homeowner’s policy.  Similar to flood insurance, earthquake insurance must be purchased separately.


If you don’t currently have earthquake coverage, where should you get it?  My recommendation is to get a policy from a company that is specializes in earthquake coverage.  Many times people are sold a mini-policy from companies such as AAA, Travelers, Safeco, Farmers, and State farm to name a few.  A mini-policy is a policy that is intended to protect the policyholder’s dwelling only.  It does not cover “non-essential” items such as a swimming pool, patio, or detached structures.


Journey Insurance works with earthquake specific insurance companies to deliver earthquake policies to clients that are affordable and offer more coverage.


Please don’t hesitate to call us for a quote or to answer your questions.


No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *